Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing #17

I did have problems trying using the RSS reader until I read your hints. It still did not work for me in google reader even after removing the proxy server portion of the url. I downloaded the RSSOwl reader and it worked perfectly. Non of the help videos would load on my computer. It just kept saying Loading.

We use several of the online databases in our school. We try very hard to educate the students to use these as a first stop on their research process. Too many just want to go to google and use the results listed.

I did learn how to use the advanced features. I have often emailed myself articles if I find something at home/or school and need the information at the opposite location.

I have tried reading ebooks. I still enjoy enjoy reading the hard copies but for information they are very helpful.

TL

No comments: