Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing #11

I setup a del.icio.us account. I will have to spend more time with Thing #11 before I can understand how it will be a benefit. I do use bookmarks for webpages. I currently have folders for my bookmarks by categories. Being as these bookmarks are only on my home computer I can see the advantage of using a website location where I can add/modify/or delete bookmarks from anywhere.

I have some issues regarding using some of these "Things" in a school library. We do not allow students (or more correctly) do not want students to personalize the computers. So far alot of the Things require adding buttons, logins, specialized home pages, etc. I think these are great tools for the students to learn and use at home but not all of them can or should be used at school.

TL

No comments: